Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Memories...

I (Dianne) was looking through some pictures tonight and found some that really took me down memory lane. Come along and enjoy the show...

For those of you that don't know my Dad, he is a really fun and funny guy. This is Monroe in 1981 on the day of my brother's wedding...



He did take off the wig before heading off to the church. All these years later, he still keeps us laughing...

My son, Steven, has always had a "thing" with his HAIR. Here he is at 3 years old...


Some of you who have raised children may recognize this evil device....


These horrible horses are brought home by unsuspecting parents hoping to bring some joy into an innocent child's life. But instead they wrack wild unrelenting havoc upon American families from coast to coast.

In the 1980's Foster household, one of these spring loaded bouncing equines threw Steven off and causing a broken clavicle. This same "Mister Evil Ed" took Lauren on a ride to a bowling ally. During the ride, he bounced so hard that Lauren dropped the bowling ball onto Christine's foot, causing much screaming and a broken toe.

However, here is a picture during happier times with Lauren, Karin, and Christine in 1988 in Carrollton, TX...


And to finish off this trip down memory lane, here is one of my favorite pics of 3 year old Karin in the sculpture garden in Nauvoo, Illinois...

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful pictures. I remember visiting you in Texas in the 80s (I think) and meeting your cute kids. We hadn't seen much of each other since we were roommates at BYU. It was so fun. Now our kids are all grown up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karin was such a nugget!! I just got all squeaky from the cuteness, but then I also just had some really traumatic flashbacks from my own bouncy horse, so I guess it all evens out to neutral again ;)

    ReplyDelete